Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Rustic Butterscotch Pistachio bars


It was almost  10 pm Friday when we decided about our weekend plan.  I was quite happy about it and started the next morning as per the plan. But things got changed after a while when friends called us for picnic lunch. Made some quick plans and we had a great time all together. I agree that I had to put forth lots of effort to make it a complete meal but then that's how life is, everything will not go as per the plan right ? 



Expect the unexpected !  Pulled out the basic ingredients I barely had in my pantry and  made this mild sweet bars as dessert for us. This is a quick recipe I adapted from Taste of Home magazine. I went on with my intuition as I had never tried this recipe beforehand. Luckily it worked for me. 



Today I made another batch upon request. I've used minimum sugar as I like it that way. Also I've used white wheat flour, you can substitute with APF if you want. 



Ingredients

White Wheat Flour ........................... 1 cup
Rolled oats ......................................... 1 cup
Dark brown sugar .............................. 1/2 cup
Butter .................................................1/2 cup , room temperature
Whole milk ......................................... 1/4 cup ( add as per requirement)
Baking soda .......................................1 tsp
butterscotch morsels .......................... 1/8 of a cup
Pistachios ............................................ few
salt ...................................................... a pinch
Vanilla extract .................................. 1/2 tsp

Method

  • Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 8x8 baking tin with parchment paper and grease a bit.
  • Sift the flour with baking soda and salt.
  • Cream butter and sugar well.Add in the vanilla and mix well.
  • Slowly mix the flour with this mixture in parts.
  • Stir in the oats and if needed add a tbsp of milk.
  • Transfer to the prepared tin.
  • Top it up with some butterscotch morsels and pistachios.
  • Bake for 20 minutes.


 








3 comments:

I look forward to your valuable comments!