Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cucumber Lime Cooler | Summer Special




Took a break for a week and I'm back with a summer friendly recipe.Nature is just amazing with its own beautiful creation. Be it trees, fruits, flowers or vegetable , there is something interesting to look forward. And they tend to change every three months from winter to summer.Now I've started enjoying the nature beauty like never before.Thanks to blogging that I met some amazing friends who inspire me to do more. Yes, Simi Jois and Dolphia need special mention here. Whenever I get bored and tired , these two uber talented motivate me a lot .When the former makes me spell bound with her clicks and new attempts, the latter with her pictures and planning.I owe you both a lot :)



Every season gives us such kind of fruits and vegetables perfect for that season.In spring you get lot of citrus fruits so that we can fight against seasonal allergies. Same is the way in summer , you get squash , melons and cucumber to stay hydrated.Now you must have got the clue for my recipe today.


Whenever we go out for trekking, beach or trail walk , I love to pack this along with masala butter milk( will share soon).Perfect for a hot summer day. You can use honey or sugar to sweeten the drink. 





Ingredients

Cucumber ........................................ 1 medium
Lime ................................................. 1 small / 3 tbsp juice
Ginger .............................................. 1/4 tsp, grated
Honey or sugar ................................ to taste( I have used honey )
Salt ................................................... a pinch
Water ............................................... 4 cups
Ice cubes ......................................... as needed

Method


Wash and clean the cucumber.I've picked up some non wax coated ones.
Blend sliced cucumber, grated ginger ,salt and  honey / sugar  with  some water.
Transfer to a pitcher and stir in the lime juice and remaining water.
To serve , add ice cubes and few slices of cucumber and lime and top it with the juice.








2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots! One of your best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the colors... Beautiful shots!!
    Did you strain the cucumber ginger mixture?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your valuable comments!