Sunday, September 14, 2014

Stuffed Milaga Bajji | Stuffed Mirchi Bajji

Its hard to believe that summer has bid adieu for us here and Fall is on its way. I could slowly feel the fall of temperatures too.No problem,I'm warming myself up with hot Milaga Bajji and masala chai.



My affair with bajji started in my early childhood days and I would go crazy often with these golden beauties and trade anything for the same.Whenever there was a drizzle of rain, my mom would know that I might ask  and make some for me.After all ,who else know you better than your mom.



Now a days , due to health reasons, I've reduced making these.But occasional indulgence is quite acceptable.



Today , I could see my kiddo enjoying some of these.Now, I gave a good reason to make.

Ingredients


For bajji


Besan | Channa dal flour }kadala maavu .................... 1 cup
Rice flour .................................................................. 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder ...................................................... 1/2 tsp
salt .......................................................................... to taste
Asafoetida ............................................................... a big pinch
Long chillies .........................................................  few
Water ..................................................................... 1/4 cup  * see notes
Oil....................................................................... to fry

For the filling


Potato,boiled  ............................................ 2
paneer ...................................................... 3 tbsp
Green chillies,finely chopped ...................... 1
Coriander leaves....................................... handfull
Salt to taste
Ajwain seeds.......................................... 1/8 tsp
Amchur powder .................................... 1/4 tsp

Method


  • Peel the potatoes and mash them.
  • Crumble the paneer.
  • Mix all the other ingredients mentioned for filling and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a kadai for frying.
  • Meanwhile, take all the ingredients for bajji except long chillies.
  • Mix thoroughly and add just enough water to make a thick non lumpy batter.
  • Cut the chillies into 2 inch long and seed them if you want.
  • Just slit oneside and fill the potato mixture with the help of a spoon.
  • When the oil is ready to fry, take a tbsp of hot oil and add to the batter and mix well.
  • Now coat each piece of  prepared chilli  , coat well and deep fry.



Note :

The batter should be thick enough to coat the chillies unlike other bajjis.If you feel the batter is too thick , add water 1 tsp at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your valuable comments!